This job is responsible for the overall inventory for the Travel Center C-Store, to include ordering, stocking, data input, product movement analysis, pricing/margins, interfacing with vendors, upkeep and organization of the warehouse, new item analysis, front-facing and organizing of gondolas on the sales floor. The incumbent will operate cash registers when needed, greet and assist customers on the sales floor. In addition, cleanliness of shelves and product will be vital in the overall appearance of the C-Store Operations.
Extended working hours, including early mornings, late evenings and weekends will be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following and other duties as assigned.
- Build good relationships with all customers both internal and external.
- Receive inventory from various vendors upon arrival at warehouse dock.
- Count and verify actual items received are on invoice.
- Ensure delivery personnel are stocking shelves and backstock.
- Stock shelves in cooler and sales floor on a continual basis.
- Organize Warehouse to include damaged products and backstock inventory by vendor.
- Ensure no vendor is left unattended or accounted for while in store.
- Operate cash register.
- Process invoices(s) into back-office application.
- Order inventory for C-Store and Gift Shop.
- Price all items with shelf tag or price sticker.
- Ensure margins are consistent with category.
- Check for expired and out of code items.
- Dust shelves and product on shelves
- Spin all labels so that item name is highly visible to customers.
- Maintain professional appearance and hygiene.
- Must perform all work functions in accordance with the Black Mesa Enterprise Safety
Policies and Procedures.
- Support the vision and values of the company and the team through role modeling and
encouraging desired behaviors.
- Uniforms must be worn at all times on duty with name badge and shirts tucked in.
All Black Mesa Travel Center employees must operate in an ethical manner by following all Black Mesa Travel Center policies and procedures relating to cash transaction, handling, tracking and proper behavior between staff and customers. Incumbent must conduct oneself above the appearance of doing something wrong.
- Customer Service
All Black Mesa Travel Center employees must be able to develop a clear understanding of customers’ needs and goals while maintaining clear communication with customer regarding meeting their expectations. Must follow through and respond to customers’ requests and inform them of action taken in a courteous and professional manner.
All Black Mesa Travel Center employees must be competent in working effectively with department members and members of other departments on the Pueblo to resolve common issues or problems as well as listening and seeking others’ perspective on how to complete assignments. Keep others informed and up-to-date about tasks, progress or projects.
Incumbent in this position must be able to accept rapid change in assignments, work schedules, days off or other priorities.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent, required and 2 years of experience in retail business operations, customer service, or cashiering.
DEPARTMENT: Travel Center
SUPERVISOR: Travel Center General Manager