Incumbent in this position is responsible for the operation of a shift at Black Mesa Travel Center.
Incumbent is responsible for supervising a team of employees on a shift at Travel Center.
- Respond to customer inquiries and resolve disputes.
- Supervise training and evaluation of Black Mesa Travel Center Staff.
- Maintain C-Store vendor relations.
- Knowledge of emergency Information (Fiscal, Security, Surveillance)
- May perform functions of subordinate positions as needed.
- Maintain professional hygiene and appearance.
- Compute totals of transactions using a cash register, receive payment by cash or credit/debit cards, and issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Calculate daily shift payments received and reconcile with total sales.
- Maintain clean and orderly store.
- Stock shelves, marl prices on items and items as deemed necessary.
- Control point of sales inventory by monitoring for shoplifters.
- Control point of sales inventory on gasoline and diesel fuel transactions.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete required training as directed by Supervisor or Human Resources Department.
- Greet customers upon entry into store.
- Thank customers prior to their exiting the store.
- Ensure staff wear assigned uniform with name badge and no blue jeans (Black or Brown slacks/pants)
- Document all policies and procedures violations
- Fuel Pricing changes in POS and signs
- Ability to re-boot back-office system.
- Ability to pull Sales Reports.
- Capable of assigning tasks and completing follow-up on tasks completion
- Takes ownership of inventory, staff, store to be as profitable as possible.
All Black Mesa Travel Center employees must operate in an ethical manner by following all Enterprise polices and procedures relating to cash handling, transactions, tracking and proper behavior between staff and customers. Incumbent must conduct oneself above the appearance of doing something wrong.
- Customer Service
All Black Mesa Travel Center employees must be able to develop a clear understanding of customers’ needs and goals while maintaining clear communication with customer regarding meeting their expectations. Must follow through and respond to customers’ requests and inform them, of action taken in a courteous and professional manner.
All Black Mesa Travel Center employees must be competent in working effectively with division members and members of other divisions to resolve common issues or problems as well as listening and seeking others’ perspective on how to complete assignments. Keeps others informed and up-to-date about tasks, progress or projects.
Incumbent in this position must be able to accept rapid change in job assignments, schedules, or priorities.
- Team Leadership
Incumbent in this position must effectively manage and guide group efforts by providing an appropriate level of feedback to both individuals and groups regarding their performance and progress.
Incumbents in this position must be able to responsibility for the development of individuals through teaching, guidance, training, and coaching techniques.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent, required AND 2 years of experience in retail business operations, customer service, or cashiering. One year of supervisory experience is required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extended working hours, including weekends and holidays, may be required.
Department: Travel Center
Supervisor: Travel Center General Manager