The IT Technician is responsible for performing a variety of specialized and complex activities involving the configuration, installation, operation, repair, and maintenance of all infrastructure technologies including desktops, servers, networks, storage, telecommunication devices, and enterprise applications. The IT Technician is accountable to and under the supervision of the IT Director.
- Maintain computer networks, hardware, and software systems, and troubleshooting a variety of technical issues.
- Install and configure systems with proper access rights and security levels.
- Provide responsive technical support via email or phone and in person or remotely.
- Manage and respond to helpdesk requests and create or log detailed support tickets in tracking system and provide timely updates or resolution.
- Routinely inspect all supported systems and devices. Exercise problem solving skills and identify potential problems and repair same, as needed.
- Ensures the quality of systems operations and takes proactive steps to maintain uptime.
- Contact and cooperate with technical support companies to resolve high priority or high impact problems.
- Cooperate, contribute, and assist IT employees with assigned tasks, projects, and all IT related issues.
- Communicate complex advice and give guidance or training to other IT employees and technical or non-technical casino employees.
- Conducts inventory of all systems and maintain records and update information accurately.
- Ensure a high level of service satisfaction to all system users is reached and upheld.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all systems.
- Maintain and engage in positive, professional, and friendly relations with guests and co-workers.
- Perform all job functions in accordance with IT department and overall organizational policies and procedures including safety standards.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all training as assigned by IT Management or Casino management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The position is deemed both an operator and an administrator within the IT department.
- This position will be assigned basic to semi-complex projects, tasks, and configurations for all systems.
- Responsible for daily desktop support and minor time-pressed issues.
- This position does not directly supervise any one person; the IT Technician indirectly supervises the activities of all system users on property.
Physical and Mental Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and talk and hear.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to climb or balance, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- This position requires frequent manual dexterity in combination with eye/hand coordination such as keyboarding and handling of equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distant, color peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
- Must present self in a well-groomed, professional manner.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The duties of this job are primarily performed indoors and occasional exposure to hot and cold temperatures and inclement weather (outdoors).
- Frequently required to risk danger of electrical shock and/or radiation from computers, servers, and related equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; the noise level increases to loud when on the casino floor.
- Employee will be exposed to a second-hand smoke environment.
- Integrity / Honesty
All employees must operate in an ethical manner by following all Black Mesa Casino policies and procedures relating to cash transactions, handling, tracking, and proper behavior between staff and customers. Incumbent must conduct oneself above the appearance of doing something wrong.
- Customer Service / Client Orientation
All employees must be able to develop a clear understanding of customers’ needs and goals while maintaining clear communication with customer regarding meeting their expectations. Must follow through and respond to customers’ requests and inform them of action taken in a courteous, professional manner.
All employees must be competent in working effectively with division members and members of other divisions to resolve common issues or problems as well as listening and seeking others’ perspective on how to complete assignments. Keep others informed and up to date about tasks, progress, or projects.
Incumbents in this position must have a desire to invest effort to acquire new knowledge and skills for work.
- Effort and Initiative
Incumbent in this position must have the ability to work and take action without specific direction and without being monitored.
- Goal and Task Management
Incumbent in this job need to be able to plan, prioritize, set goals, establish standards, coordinate tasks, show concern for deadlines, and track progress with respect to personal performance.
- Collect and Organize Information
Incumbents in this job need to be able to identify, systematically collect, and organize information for use by self or others in the organization.
- Must obtain and maintain a Class III gaming license through the San Felipe Pueblo Gaming Regulatory Commission.
- High School Diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required.
- Associates Degree in Information Technology or related field preferred and 1-year related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two (2) years technical support experience is preferred.
- Experience working with Gaming Systems is preferred.
- Experience working in a casino environment is preferred.
- Ability to work odd and unusual hours, including weekends, holidays, and being on-call.
- Ability to plan, organize, problem solve, multi-task and possess effective decision-making skills.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions given by management and quickly grasp and adjust to new concepts.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing and maintain a strict level of confidentiality involving daily business operations.
- Must lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
Supervisor: MIS Director
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt