The incumbent is responsible for the Casino’s assets within the Slot Department operations and for all Slot machine operations, Slot personnel management, procedural integrity and administration.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop annual department budgets, capital expenditures and analysis of staffing needs.
- Oversees compliance with established standards in budgetary guidelines with appraised cost effectiveness.
- Oversees the establishment of objectives, strategies, plans, policies and programs for Slots as they affect personnel in workforce planning, employee selections and placement, training, development and utilization.
- Responsible for working with slot manufactures for the purchase of new machines.
- Responsible for keeping up with gaming industry innovations and technology.
- Keeping up with slot mix of machines that are new, state of the art and player preferred.
- Work with Marketing in developing slot promotions and incentives for guest play.
- Safeguard the assets of the Casino.
- Knowledge of gaming compact, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for policies and procedures to ensure the integrity of Slots by working in liaison with surveillance and compliance.
- Review statistical reports for accuracy.
- Review maintenance records and exception reports daily and investigates unusual activity.
- Act as a role model for all Team Members by focusing on the demonstration of positive action, behavior, attendance, work ethic and guest service.
- Supervisors should maintain a professional relationship with Team Members under their supervision on and off duty.
- Responsible for the staffing, training and scheduling of Slot Operations Team Members.
- Responsible for preparing evaluations and issuing disciplinary actions when required.
- Authority to hire and fire Team Members.
- Ensure compliance with casino wide and Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Promote an environment that appreciates diversity and treats all people with respect, prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any kind.
- Protect the confidentiality of any and all Casino business information.
- Meet with guests to resolve guest concerns.
- Prepare and present operational reports to Senior Management and the Casino Board.
- Responsible for the training and development of Team Members for succession planning.
- Directors have an open door policy to meet with Team Members.
- The casino is a twenty-four hour business that never closes. Team Members are expected to work holidays and weekends.
- Provide prompt, courteous guest service at all times following the casino’s guest service standards.
- Participate in and support all guest service training programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
This job operates in a public environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Will have some repetitive hand and arm motions and prolonged periods of sitting.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, listen, and reach with hands and arms.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- This position requires frequent manual dexterity in combination with eye/hand coordination such as keyboarding and handling of equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field required
- Four (4) years experience in the administration and operations of Casino Slot machines in which one (1) year must have been in a supervisory capacity.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Working knowledge of all table games to include Blackjack, Roulette, Pai Gow, and Craps; of procedures and Casino floor operations; of human relations and supervisory skills, of Casino rules and regulations as applicable to the state of New Mexico.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to Casino staff and the general public, to obtain and maintain a valid gaming license.
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Extended working hours, including weekends/holidays, may be required.
- Must operate in an ethical manner by following all San Felipe Casino policies and procedures relating to cash transactions, handling, tracking, and proper behavior between staff and customers. Incumbent must conduct oneself above the appearance of doing something wrong.
- Must be competent in working effectively with department members and members of other departments to resolve common issues or problems as well as listening and seeking others’ perspective on how to complete assignments. Keeps others informed and up-to-date about tasks, progress, or projects.
- Must be able to plan, prioritize, set goals, establish standards, coordinate tasks, adhere to deadlines, and track progress with respect to personal performance.
- Must be able to identify, systematically collect, and organize information for use by self or others in an organization.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects, coordinate with respect to outcomes and objectives, create and follow a set path in order to achieve a goal, and to determine the effectiveness of a given plan and make changes as need dictates.
- Must possess basic knowledge of accounting principles and practices, financial markets, banking, and analysis and reporting of financial data.
LOCATION: CASINO OPERATIONS
SUPERVISOR: CASINO GENERAL MANAGER