The Count Team Member is responsible for counting all currency that has been deposited in live table gaming drop boxes and all currency entered into the electronic gaming devices. Counts, records, and processes all currency for deposit in casino cage.
- Count soft currency from live table gaming drop boxes and electronic gaming devices using GFR currency discriminator counter.
- Sort soft currency from live table gaming drop boxes and electronic gaming devices using UW tabletop currency sorter.
- Record, calculate, and verify resulting totals of counts on appropriate count sheets.
- Reset table drop boxes for operation on following day.
- Strap currency for future use.
- Participate in the casino’s safety goals.
- Maintain professional hygiene and appearance.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete required training as directed by the Supervisor or the Human Resource Department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Integrity / Honesty
All San Felipe Casino employees must operate in an ethical manner by following all San Felipe Casino policies and procedures relating to cash transactions, handling, tracking, and proper behavior between staff and customers. Incumbent must conduct oneself above the appearance of doing something wrong.
- Customer Service / Client Orientation
All San Felipe Casino employees must be able to develop a clear understanding of customers’ needs and goals while maintaining clear communication with customer regarding meeting their expectations. Must follow though and respond to customers’ requests and inform them of action taken in a courteous, professional manner.
All San Felipe Casino employees must be competent in working effectively with division members and members of other divisions to resolve common issues or problems as well as listening and seeking others’ perspective on how to complete assignments. Keeps others informed and up-to-date about tasks, progress, or projects.
Incumbents in this position must be able to understand auditory messages and non-verbal cues to derive meaning from spoken material. Requires the ability to remain attentive.
Incumbent in this position must be able to accept rapid change in job assignments, schedules, or priorities.
- Arithmetic & Mathematical Reasoning
Incumbents in this job use and apply mathematical techniques, processes, and concepts to understand and solve problems. Apply understanding of mathematics, either explicitly or implicitly, to perform basic computations, apply mathematical processes or utilize tools, analyze problems, identify or specify patterns, and draw conclusions.
- High school diploma, or equivalent, AND 3 months experience in money handling in large volume; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prolonged standing and lifting up to 25 pounds, pushing and pulling up to 75 pounds is required.
- Must possess Class III Gaming License.
- Must be able to work under intense scrutiny.
- 10-key proficiency desired.
SUPERVISOR: COUNT TEAM SUPERVISOR