The Cage Cashier is responsible for all cage transactions occurring during the shift to include the following: issuing and receiving table fills and credits; receiving chips, tokens, cash equivalents, and markers in exchange for cash; receiving marker and front money withdrawals initiate and accepted in the pit; verifying hopper bags and issuing jackpots and hopper fills; and selling chips to patrons in exchange for currency.
- Provide currency/chip transactions with internal and external customers.
- Balance assigned drawer at the beginning and end of shift.
- Answer incoming calls and take accurate messages for staff.
- Respond to internal and external customer inquiries.
- Track and record all transactions in computer database.
- File count sheets.
- Verify the legitimacy of incoming currency.
- Participate in the safety goals for the casino.
- Maintain professional hygiene and appearance
- Attend and satisfactorily complete required training as directed by the Supervisor of the Human Resources Department.
- Must perform all duties in compliance with the casino’s safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
All casino employees must operate in an ethical manner by following all San Felipe Enterprises policies and procedures relating to cash transactions, handling, tracking, and proper behavior between staff and customers. Incumbent must conduct oneself above the appearance of doing something wrong.
- Customer Service / Client Orientation
All casino employees must be able to develop a clear understanding of customers’ needs and goals while maintaining clear communication with customer regarding meeting their expectations. Must follow though and respond to customers’ requests and inform them of action taken in a courteous, professional manner.
All casino employees must be competent in working effectively with division members and members of other divisions to resolve common issues or problems as well as listening and seeking others’ perspective on how to complete assignments. Keeps others informed and up-to-date about tasks, progress, or projects.
Incumbents in this position must be able to understand auditory messages and non-verbal cues to derive meaning from spoken material. Requires the ability to remain attentive.
Incumbents in this position must have a desire and invest effort to acquire new knowledge and skills for work.
- Effort and Initiative
Incumbent in this position must have the ability to work and act without specific direction and without being monitored.
- Arithmetic & Mathematical Reasoning
Incumbent in this position must have the ability to use and apply mathematical techniques, processes, and concepts to understand and solve problems. Apply understanding of mathematics, either explicitly or implicitly, to perform basic computations, apply mathematical processes or utilize tools, analyze problems, identify or specify patterns, and draw conclusions, and act without specific direction and without being monitored.
- Must be 21 years of age or above.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent, required AND 6 months experience in money handling in a casino or related environment or providing customer service (e.g., concierge, customer relations, etc.); or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prolonged standing and lifting up to 30 pounds is required.
- Extended working hours, including weekends, may be required.
- Must possess Class III Gaming License.