The Slot Technician is responsible for basic maintenance, installation, repair, modification, preventive maintenance and general operating condition of all casino video electronic devices, electronic micro processing boards and networked slot information systems. Responsible for maintaining accurate control logs.
- Install gaming machine by establishing SDS connections, conducting RAM clear and software compatibility check, calibrating machine, and fill out Machine Entrance and Authorization Log.
- Conduct troubleshooting and basic repair of mechanical and electronic components of electronic gaming machines; to include requesting new components.
- Perform preventative maintenance to gaming machines and their associated components; includes periodic Kobitron verification.
- Record actions and duties performed on various logs and forms.
- Respond to customer and staff inquires; inform customers of upcoming promotional events.
- Monitor and report customers and staff for gaming machine abuse, sabotage, or cheating.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe gaming environment by dumping ashtrays, disposing trash, and cleaning machines as needed.
- Participate in the casino’s safety goals.
- Maintain professional hygiene and appearance.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete required training as directed by the Human Resources Department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Integrity / Honesty
All casino employees must operate in an ethical manner by following all casino policies and procedures relating to cash transactions, handling, tracking, and proper behavior between staff and customers. Incumbent must conduct oneself above the appearance of doing something wrong.
- Customer Service / Client Orientation
All casino employees must be able to develop a clear understanding of customers’ needs and goals while maintaining clear communication with customer regarding meeting their expectations. Must follow though and respond to customers’ requests and inform them of action taken in a courteous, professional manner.
- Team Work
All casino employees must be competent in working effectively with division members and members of other divisions to resolve common issues or problems as well as listening and seeking others’ perspective on how to complete assignments. Keeps others informed and up-to-date about tasks, progress, or projects.
- Effort and Initiative
Incumbent in this position must have the ability to work and take action without specific direction and without being monitored.
- Problem Solving
Incumbents in this position must have the ability to identify various types of problems along with creating workable solutions. Requires the identification and analysis of problems, evaluation of alternatives, and provision of solutions.
- Electronic Gaming Machine Knowledge
Incumbents in this position must have a working knowledge of the mechanics, electronics, troubleshooting/repair, and software integration and operation for electronic gaming machines and their associated operational networks.
- Associate degree in electronics, or an equivalent field OR 1 year experience working with electronics.
- Extended working hours, including weekends, may be required.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds on a regular basis and sustain prolonged walking and standing.
- Must possess Class III Gaming License.
- Must be able to work under intense scrutiny.