Incumbent in this position is responsible for planning, directing, and implementing overall activities for all database, advertising and media, public relations, promotions, players club, entertainment, special events and marketing efforts for Black Mesa Casino. Develops and implements procedures, budget, goals and objectives for the Marketing department. Incumbent is responsible for multiple subordinates.
- Responsible for overall strategy, operation, and administration of Black Mesa Casino marketing and promotion advertising policies relating to promotions, graphic design, customer relations, bus groups and tours, special events, and publicity.
- Facilitate adequate availability, training, development, and performance management of subordinate personnel.
- Develop and execute comprehensive marketing plans and programs, both short and long range, to achieve Black Mesa Casino objectives. Ensure effective control of marketing results to meet targeted objectives.
- Develop and manage Marketing Department operating budget.
- Plan and oversee development and production of advertising and promotion activities including print, television, outdoor, direct mail, in-house and electronic media.
- Oversee and evaluate market research and adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Direct and coordinate conception, scheduling, communication, and preparation of promotional and special events for Black Mesa Casino.
- Guide preparation of marketing activity reports and present to executive Casino and Tribal management. Review and analyze activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to meet stated revenue goals and objectives.
- Monitor all public relations activities to ensure consistent and effective media relations and community awareness.
- May perform functions of subordinate positions as needed.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all training as assigned by supervisor or Human Resources Department and ensure that staff satisfactorily completed required training.
- Bachelors degree in marketing, business administration or a related field preferred AND 5 years of progressive experience marketing and promoting in the Casino/Gaming industry, of which 3 years must have been in a supervisor capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extended working hours, including weekends, may be required.
- Must be able to obtain a Class III Gaming License.
SUPERVISOR: GENERAL MANAGER