The Kitchen Manager is responsible for preparing all types of hot and cold food items in the dining areas of the enterprise. The Team member performs duties related to preparation of food and beverage items prepared in the restaurant outlets. The Team member is responsible for management of kitchen staff.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for providing high quality, fresh hot and cold food items using standardized recipes and methods of preparation.
- Maintains a neat and orderly food preparation environment by cleaning in a timely manner immediately following preparation.
- Maintains knowledge of food costs and performs job responsibilities in a manner that minimizes waste and improves financial performance.
- Provides quality assurance to all products produced by the kitchen prior to service.
- Maintains PAR levels as established by kitchen management.
- Provides oversight to the managers planned delegation.
- Prepares individual food items on a consistent basis with no variation in terms of appearance and taste as it relates to single food items.
- Maintains ability and willingness to prepare all food items sold by the enterprise according to recipe.
- Possesses or develops high skill levels in all areas of the kitchen and deli and maintains a working vocabulary of common culinary terminology.
- Easily adapts to changes in menu preparation and production methods.
- Maintains responsibility for kitchen safety and sanitation, as well as care of kitchen equipment.
- Practices proper personal sanitary procedures.
- Responds properly to customer preferences and concerns.
- Maintains a dependable work attendance record.
- Communicates regularly with the front of the house team and works under the direct supervision of the on-duty front of the house manager.
- Communicates in a positive, respectful manner to both internal and external guests.
- Performs other special projects and duties as assigned.
- Responsible for completing documentation of employee performance and attendance issues in accordance with company policy and practice, including independently initiating and authorizing any employment action deemed necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Operates a broad range of kitchen equipment including stoves, broilers, deep fryers and other food preparation equipment, and uses hand tools, knives and other related small wares.
- Accurately reads food ticket orders.
- Must possess excellent guest service skills, strong telephone etiquette and be a self-starter with the ability to multitask, follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Must be familiar with common culinary terms and methods regarding broiling, braising, roasting, poaching, sauce preparation, and meat carving among other methods.
- Ability to clearly communicate, read and write in English.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written or verbal form.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 5’s, 10’s and 100’s.
- Ability to understand the basic use of weight and volume measurements.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to multitask, follow-up and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimum supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as well as to gain the cooperation of guests and fellow team members.
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. and two or three years of related experience in high volume food production within a multi-unit facility.
- Must maintain an Environmental Health Food Handlers Card.
- All employees must obtain a valid gaming license from the Tribal Gaming Office prior to beginning work.
- Basic computer proficiency: E-mail, Excel, Word, Outlook, Schedule+.
- Working knowledge of Point of Sale and timekeeping systems.