The Human Resources Director administers the operation of all Human Resource aspects of San Felipe Pueblo Enterprises in accordance with management’s directives and professional and federal guidelines. Develops and implements goals and objectives for the Human Resource department. Ensures that all Human Resource processes are efficient, accurate, and compliant with all applicable standards, regulations, and laws. Responsible to oversee Facilities operations in cooperation with Facilities Operations Manager. Incumbent is responsible for overall supervision of all Human Resource department personnel.
- Plan, organize, develop, and coordinate San Felipe Pueblo Enterprises Human Resource operations (e.g., recruitment, selection, training and development, disciplinary and grievance procedures, performance management, etc), policies, procedures, and operating systems according to San Felipe Pueblo Enterprises policy and accepted professional and legal guidelines.
- Ensure proper administration of safety policies workers compensation.
- Direct the adequate availability, training, development, and performance management of subordinate personnel.
- Develop, implement, and enforce uniform human resources management policies and procedures; advise San Felipe Pueblo Enterprise managers, directors, employees, and others concerning relevant HR laws, regulations, and practices.
- Develop and administer departmental budgets.
- Review and analyze information from reports, studies, projects and visits for immediate and long-range program development and legal compliance; participates in top level management meetings involving the formulation and implementation of programs and policies.
- Investigate and resolve highly sensitive and confidential administrative and human resources management problems; confers with tribal officials, legal counsel, upper management, and others in resolving legal actions involving district courts or National Indian Gaming Commission.
- Performs business assessments of operations and staffing of various departments as requested by General Manager or Enterprise Board; makes recommendations concerning changes in organizational structure.
- Responsible for ensuring a properly maintained personnel file system.
- Integrity / Honesty
All San Felipe Pueblo Enterprise employees must operate in an ethical manner by following all Black Mesa Casino policies and procedures relating to cash transactions, handling, tracking, and proper behavior between staff and customers. Incumbent must conduct oneself above the appearance of doing something wrong.
- Customer Service / Client Orientation
All San Felipe Pueblo Enterprise employees must be able to develop a clear understanding of customers’ needs and goals while maintaining clear communication with customer regarding meeting their expectations. Must follow though and respond to customers’ requests and inform them of action taken in a courteous, professional manner.
All San Felipe Pueblo Enterprise employees must be competent in working effectively with division members and members of other divisions to resolve common issues or problems as well as listening and seeking others’ perspective on how to complete assignments. Keeps others informed and up to date about tasks, progress, or projects.
- Goal and Task Management
Incumbents in this job need to be able to plan, prioritize, set goals, establish standards, coordinate tasks, show concern for deadlines, and track progress with respect to personal performance.
Incumbent in this position must be able to successfully determine and initiate a course of action. Requires the consideration of multiple options, information sources, and development of contingency plans.
Incumbent in this position must have the ability to gain an understanding of how an organization must change in light of internal and external trends and influences and the ability to act upon and energize others towards enacting the vision.
- Human Resource Principles
Incumbent in this position must have advanced knowledge of principles, procedures, and techniques for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Business Administration, Human Resources, or a related field and four years general human resource management experience of which 2 years must be in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extended working hours, including weekends, may be required.
- Must possess Class III Gaming License.