This job is responsible general ledger maintenance of Black Mesa Casino financial accounting data. This includes the preparation and posting of various journals, ledgers and accounts, analysis and review of financial data. Review and approve various vouchers and invoices for payment, review payroll data, allocation of funds to various accounts or functions, and other similar activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Maintain enterprise culture and employee engagement.
- Build good relationships with all customers both internal and external.
- Assist Accounting Manager with monthly bank reconciliations of all bank accounts.
- Assist Accounting Manager in closing monthly financial statements.
- Assist Accounting Manager in preparation for all outside audits including regulatory and outside fiscal year-end audit.
- Compile and sort documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
- Verify and post details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases.
- Audit invoices against purchase orders, researches discrepancies, and approves for payment.
- Investigate problems that vendors or purchasing agents have with obtaining payment for bills.
- Compute and record charges, refunds, cost of lost or damaged goods, freight charges, rentals, and similar items.
- Prepare vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records, and reviews for accuracy.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts with various registers.
- Extract general ledger information.
- Compile cost reports, revenue and balance sheets.
- Monitor loans and accounts payable and receivable to ensure that payments are up to date.
- Reconcile report discrepancies and problems.
- Code data for input to financial data processing system according to procedures.
- Review, balance, and interpret computer reports, and make corrections.
- Assist employees, vendors, clients, or customers by answering questions related to accounts, procedures, and services.
- Display good communication skills including persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with customers and or coworkers and including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Effectively communicate with all departments within San Felipe.
- Comply with enterprise and departmental procedural guidelines, SOPs and safety procedures.
- Contribute to a team-oriented, continuous improvement, quality process.