The Cage Supervisor is responsible for all cage transactions occurring during the shift to ensure high levels of customer service and adherence to Title 31 and other relevant laws and National Indian Gaming Commission standards. Cage Supervisors are also responsible for maintaining proper recordings of cash transactions, cash turn-ins from other Black Mesa Casino departments, documenting unusual incidents, providing training to subordinates, and monitoring shift operations of the Cage.
Guest Service / Client Orientation
All Black Mesa Casino employees must be able to develop a clear understanding of guests’ needs and goals while maintaining clear communication with guest regarding meeting their expectations. Everyone must follow through and respond to guests’ requests and inform them of action taken in a courteous, professional manner.
- Facilitate the training, development, and performance management of subordinate personnel.
- Supervise Black Mesa Casino cashiering operation during assigned shift in accordance with the internal variance controls.
- Review close out procedures by cashiers, ensuring drawer balances, and noting all variances.
- Enforce applicable gaming regulations and federal cash reporting requirements.
- Create and reconcile end-of-shift report and disperse to appointed entities.
- Review shift cash and credit receipts and disbursements through the casino cage.
- Review staffing levels and customer flow and assign work areas to staff.
- Respond to internal and external customer inquiries.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- May perform the duties and functions of a Cage Cashier.
- Hold subordinates accountable to attend and satisfactorily complete all required training as directed by the supervisor or the Human Resources Department.
- Maintain professional hygiene and appearance.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete required training as directed by the General Manager.
- Direct the adequate availability, mentor, training, development, and performance management of subordinate personnel.
- Must perform all duties in compliance with the casino’s safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Integrity / Honesty
All Black Mesa Casino employees must operate in an ethical manner by following all Black Mesa Casino policies and procedures relating to cash transactions, handling, tracking, and proper behavior between staff and customers. Incumbent must conduct oneself above the appearance of doing something wrong.
- Customer Service / Client Orientation
All Black Mesa Casino employees must be able to develop a clear understanding of customers’ needs and goals while maintaining clear communication with customer regarding meeting their expectations. Must follow though and respond to customers’ requests and inform them of action taken in a courteous, professional manner.
- Team Work
All Black Mesa Casino employees must be competent in working effectively with division members and members of other divisions to resolve common issues or problems as well as listening and seeking others’ perspective on how to complete assignments. Keeps others informed and up to date about tasks, progress, or projects.
Incumbents in this position must be able to understand auditory messages and non-verbal cues to derive meaning from spoken material. Requires the ability to remain attentive.
- Team Leadership
Incumbents in this job must effectively manage and guide group efforts by providing an appropriate level of feedback to both individuals and groups regarding their performance and progress.
- Arithmetic & Mathematical Reasoning
Incumbents in this position use and apply mathematical techniques, processes, and concepts to understand and solve problems. Apply understanding of mathematics, either explicitly or implicitly, to perform basic computations, apply mathematical processes or utilize tools, analyze problems, identify, or specify patterns, and draw conclusions.
- Must be 21 years of age or above.
- High school diploma, or equivalent, AND 2 years’ experience in money handling in a casino or related environment, or providing customer service (e.g., concierge, customer relations, etc.); or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Prolonged standing and lifting to thirty (30) pounds are required.
- Extended working hours, including weekends, may be required.
- Must possess Class III Gaming License.