To serve the guests food, drinks, and snacks. Shall represent the Black Mesa Travel Center in a professional and exemplary manner and promote the success of the Black Mesa Travel Center to guests, staff, and any other parties.
- Maintaining beverage station by restocking cups, ice, and dispensers.
- Responsible for serving the guest’s food, drinks and snacks while providing exemplary service.
- Must demonstrate fiscal responsibility by providing proper change to guests and accurately completing end of shift paperwork.
- Complete all side work and maintain par levels of condiments and paper products in work areas.
- Coordinate with the kitchen and servers’ daily events and specials.
- Wipe and buss dining tables and chairs.
- Empty trash.
- Sweep and mop floors.
- Know the menu to include, pricing and ingredients.
- Report equipment malfunctions to supervisor.
- Daily side-work (vacuum, sanitize table and chairs, fill salt & pepper, and other assigned duties)
- Maintain professional hygiene and appearance.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete required training as directed by the Supervisor or the Human Resources Department.
- Must perform all work functions in accordance with the San Felipe Pueblo Enterprise Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Integrity / Honesty
All San Felipe Pueblo Enterprise employees must operate in an ethical manner by following all San Felipe Pueblo Enterprise policies and procedures relating to cash transactions, handling, tracking, and proper behavior between staff and customers. Incumbent must conduct oneself above the appearance of doing something wrong.
Develop a clear understanding of customers’ needs and goals while maintaining clear communication with customer regarding meeting their expectations. Must follow though and respond to customers’ requests and inform them of action taken in a courteous, professional manner.
Work effectively with division members and members of other divisions to resolve common issues or problems as well as listening and seeking others’ perspective on how to complete assignments. Keeps others informed and up to date about tasks, progress, or projects.
Incumbents in this position must be able to understand auditory messages and non-verbal cues to derive meaning from spoken material. Requires the ability to remain attentive.
Effort and Initiative
Incumbent in this position must have the ability to work and take action without specific direction and without being monitored.
- Six (6) months experience in food preparation in a restaurant, kitchen, or dining area; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work is performed in the kitchen area with exposure to heat, fumes, and steam. Lifting large hot and cold trays required with lifting to twenty-five (25) pounds. Prolonged standing and walking are required.
- Extended working hours, including weekends, may be required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid food handler’s permit.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class C UST Operator certification.