Incumbents in this position are responsible for the overall preparation of a wide variety of foods such as vegetables, fruits, meats, soups, salads, and cereals with prescribed recipes using a full range of cooking methods according to specified food handling procedures.
- Season and prepare a wide variety of foods such as vegetables, fruits, meats, soups, salads, and cereals in accordance with prescribed recipes.
- Slice, grind, and cook meats and vegetables using a full range of cooking methods; Test foods being cooked for quality.
- Carve and display meats, vegetables, fruits, and salads.
- Measure and mix ingredients to form dough or batter to bake different bakery items following recipes.
- Operate food preparation equipment and machinery.
- Check production schedule to determine variety and quantity of goods to cook and bake
- Follow all proper cleaning and sanitation requirements.
- Assist other kitchen personnel as needed.
- Maintain professional hygiene and appearance.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete required training as directed by the Supervisor or the Human Resources Department.
- Must perform all work functions in accordance with the San Felipe Pueblo Enterprises Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
Integrity / Honesty
All San Felipe Pueblo Enterprises employees must operate in an ethical manner by following all San Felipe Pueblo Enterprises policies and procedures relating to cash transactions, handling, tracking, and proper behavior between staff and customers. Incumbent must conduct oneself above the appearance of doing something wrong.
Develop a clear understanding of customers’ needs and goals while maintaining clear communication with customer regarding meeting their expectations. Must follow though and respond to customers’ requests and inform them of action taken in a courteous, professional manner.
Work effectively with division members and members of other divisions to resolve common issues or problems as well as listening and seeking others’ perspective on how to complete assignments. Keeps others informed and up to date about tasks, progress, or projects.
Incumbents in this position must have a desire and invest effort to acquire new knowledge and skills for work.
Effort and Initiative
Incumbent in this position must have the ability to work and take action without specific direction and without being monitored.
Incumbent in this position must have advanced knowledge of food proper preparation and presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards.
- Culinary arts degree OR 3 years’ experience in a high-volume restaurant; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work is performed in the kitchen area with exposure to heat, fumes, and steam. Lifting large hot and cold trays required with lifting to twenty-five (25) pounds. Prolonged standing and walking are required.
- Extended working hours, including weekends, may be required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid food handler’s permit.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Class C UST Operator certification.