- Season and prepare a wide variety of foods such as vegetables, fruits, meats, soups, salads, and cereals in accordance with prescribed recipes.
- Slice, grind, and cook meats and vegetables using a full range of cooking methods; Test foods being cooked for quality.
- Carve and display meats, vegetables, fruits, and salads; replenish service lines as necessary.
- Operate food preparation equipment and machinery.
- Follow all proper cleaning and sanitation requirements.
- Assist other kitchen personnel as needed.
- Maintain professional hygiene and appearance.
- Attending and satisfactorily complete required training as directed by the Supervisor or the Human Resources Department.
- Must perform all work functions in accordance with the Casino Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
All San Felipe Casino employees must operate in an ethical manner by following all San Felipe Casino policies and procedures relating to cash transactions, handling, tracking, and proper behavior between staff and customers. Incumbent must conduct oneself above the appearance of doing something wrong.
- Customer Service
Develop a clear understanding of customers’ needs and goals while maintaining clear communication with customers regarding meeting their expectations. Must follow through and respond to customers’ requests and inform them of action taken in a courteous, professional manner.
Work effectively with division members and members of other divisions to resolve common issues or problems as well as listening and seeking others’ perspective on how to complete assignments. Keeps others informed and up to date about tasks, progress, or projects.
Incumbents in this position must have a desire and invest effort to acquire new knowledge and skills for work.
- Effort and Initiative
Incumbents in this position must have the ability to work and take action without specific direction and without being monitored.
- Food Preparation
Incumbent in this position must have advanced, knowledge of food proper preparation and presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards.
- 1 year experience in a high-volume restaurant, casino, or hotel setting, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work is performed in the kitchen area with exposure to heat, fumes, and steam. Lifting large hot and cold trays required with lifting up to 25 pounds. Prolonged standing and walking are required.
DEPARTMENT: FOOD AND BEVERAGE
SUPERVISOR: FOOD AND BEVERAGE SHIFT SUPERVISOR