The Director of Slot Operations is responsible for the overall management and operation of the casino gaming area and all its components, which includes the food service component. The Director of Slot Operations conducts overall planning and management of profit center, the Black Mesa Casino, and coordinates and works closely with appropriate support functions to maximize department productivity and profitability and to meet the growth objectives of the casino. The Director of Slot Operations is accountable to and under the general supervision and operational direction of the General Manager and is assisted as necessary by support functions under the control of the General Manager.
- Responsible for overall operation of the casino gaming area.
- Responsible to assist in the oversight of the Food and Beverage Department with cooperation from the Food and Beverage departmental management to ensure marketing promotions are properly executed to maximize overall profits.
- Assume responsibility for profits and losses of all gaming departments’ procedures to achieve profit and volume objectives.
- Formulate and establish a budget, policies & procedures to be approved by the General Manager.
- Assist marketing department to develop and implement marketing plans, promotions, and strategies to optimize profit and market share.
- Develop, execute, and revise as needed operational policies and procedures to achieve profit and volume objectives.
- Be responsible for employee development and the staffing of all gaming departments with qualified, well-trained personnel.
- Lead departmental management in the identification of operational problems and put into place policies and procedures to solve such problems.
- Supervise the coordination and development of statistical data such as departmental budgets and gaming trends analyses and develop a database integrated with industry standard ratios and financial statements.
- Network assigned departments with other casino functions, e.g. Operations, Marketing, Human Resources and Finance.
- Coordinate and assist in the short-term and long-term planning process with the General Manager.
- Work with Surveillance and Security departments to ensure customer and employee honesty.
- Responsible for any other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- Must attend and satisfactorily complete all training as directed by General Manager or the Human Resources Department.
- Hold subordinates accountable for attending and satisfactorily completing all required training as directed by supervisor or the Human Resources Department.
- Create and maintain a safe working environment for all casino employees as well as our patrons.
- Must be proficient in reading, understanding, and speaking the English Language.
- Integrity / Honesty
All casino employees must operate in an ethical manner by following all San Felipe Pueblo Enterprises policies and procedures relating to cash transactions, handling, tracking, and proper behavior between staff and customers. Incumbent must conduct oneself above the appearance of doing something wrong.
- Customer Service / Client Orientation
All casino employees must be able to develop a clear understanding of customers’ needs and goals while maintaining clear communication with customer regarding meeting their expectations. Must follow through and respond to customers’ requests and inform them of action taken in a courteous, professional manner.
- TEAM WORK
All casino employees must be competent in working effectively with division members and members of other divisions to resolve common issues or problems as well as listening and seeking others’ perspective on how to complete assignments. Keeps others informed and up to date about tasks, progress, or projects.
- Goal and Task Management
Incumbents in this job need to be able to plan, prioritize, set goals, establish standards, coordinate tasks, show concern for deadlines, and track progress with respect to personal performance.
- Manage Resources
Incumbent in this position must appropriately allocate a variety of resources that may include, materials, money, facilities, and equipment. Requires the ability to assess needs and track progress.
Incumbent in this position must be able to successfully determine and initiate a course of action. Incumbent must require the consideration of multiple options, information sources, and development of contingency plans.
Incumbent in this position must have the ability to gain an understanding of where an organization is headed in light of internal and external trends and influences.
- Electronic Gaming Machine Knowledge
Incumbents in this position must have a working knowledge of the mechanics, electronics, troubleshooting/repair, and software integration and operation for electronic gaming machines and their associated operational networks.
- Interpersonal Skills (Working with Others)
Incumbents in this position must be able to communicate one’s feelings, preferences, needs, and opinions in a way that is neither threatening nor punishing to another person, while at the same time recognizing effort of others and praising that effort.
- Must be a minimum of twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Possess sensitivity to Native American Indian/Tribal Culture.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a gaming license issued by the San Felipe Pueblo Gaming Regulatory Commission
- Must have a high school diploma.
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted New Mexico Driver’s License.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must be able to interact well with public.
- Possess sensitivity to Native American Indian/Tribal culture.
- Minimum of four (4) year college degree preferred: and 4 years of executive management experience or a combination of education and experience in the administration and operations of the gaming industry.
- Extensive knowledge of Indian Gaming, including but not limited to slot machines, table games, bingo, marketing, human resources, finance, planning, concept, and staff development and daily, weekly, and monthly reporting of sales and revenue.
- Knowledge of computer software as it relates to customer databases and gaming spreadsheets.
- Thorough knowledge of the Slot Operations.
- Surveillance techniques and gaming regulations specifically applicable to Indian gaming in New Mexico.
- Maintain continuing education in the gaming industry through seminars, conferences, and trade shows.
- Must be willing to advise and effectively communicate with the General Manager about Casino Operations.
- Must be able to hire, provide direction to and develop internal personnel; identify strategic issues and develop short/long- range plans; provide direction to and manage department heads and related personnel; budget and prioritize workload; identify key factors affecting personnel; and develop effective programs to maximize performance.
- Must possess the ability to handle sensitive and stressful situations with tact, discretion, and significant awareness of confidentiality.
- Mus posses good organizational skills and be able to multi-task when conducting the assigned functions.
- Must be wiling and able to follow all departmental policies and procedures, as required.
- Must possess the willingness to be a team player and partner with other associates to complete the assigned tasks. The candidate must be able to accomplish all assigned duties in a positive manner.
- Must be willing and able to work nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as required.
- Must be able to walk or stand sit for extended periods, sometimes more than 4 hours.
- Use of computer and possible eye strain may be required throughout the assigned shift.
- Must be able to walk or stand for at least 50% of assigned shift.
- Must be able to work within a smoke-filled environment, if required.