The Restaurant General Manager will assist the Food & Beverage Director in administrating the overall Food & Beverage department in accordance with management’s directives, policies, and procedures. Assist the Food & Beverage Director in the developing and implementing the goals and objectives for the department. Incumbent is responsible for overall supervision of all Food & Beverage department personnel; and scheduling, performance management, and training of three Food Supervisors.
Guest Service / Client Orientation
All Black Mesa Casino employees must be able to develop a clear understanding of guests’ needs and goals while maintaining clear communication with guest regarding meeting their expectations. Everyone must follow through and respond to guests’ requests and inform them of action taken in a courteous, professional manner.
- Ensure proper operation and administration of Black Mesa Casino Food & Beverage operations.
- Direct the adequate availability, training, development, and performance management of subordinate personnel.
- Plan, organize, develop, and coordinate all Food & Beverage policies, procedures, and operating systems.
- Help develop and maintain departmental budget controlling expenditures and maintaining a current and accurate record of transactions.
- Conduct and maintain inventory of departmental supplies and goods, maintain records of all spoilages, and order all goods and supplies for department.
- Prepare reports and paperwork regarding department operations.
- Help prepare check requests for vendors and submit to finance department.
- Plan and communicate to department upcoming special events.
- Conduct weekly management staff meetings.
- Meet with vendors to evaluate and review goods and services.
- Review menu selections for appropriateness; communicate menu to subordinates.
- Perform duties of subordinates as required.
- Maintain professional hygiene and appearance.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete required training as directed by the General Manager or the Human Resources Department.
- Hold subordinates accountable for attending and satisfactorily completing required training as directed by the General Manager or the Human Resources Department.
- Must perform all work functions in accordance with the San Felipe Pueblo Enterprises Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must perform all duties in compliance with the casino’s safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All San Felipe Enterprise employees must be able to develop a clear understanding of customers’ needs and goals while maintaining clear communication with customer regarding meeting their expectations. Must follow through and respond to customers’ requests and inform them of action taken in a courteous, professional manner.
All San Felipe Enterprise employees must be competent in working effectively with division members and members of other divisions to resolve common issues or problems as well as listening and seeking others’ perspective on how to complete assignments. Keeps others informed and up to date about tasks, progress, or projects.
Goal and Task Management:
Incumbents in this job need to be able to plan, prioritize, set goals, establish standards, coordinate tasks, show concern for deadlines, and track progress with respect to personal performance.
Incumbents in this position must have the ability to breakdown complex items or problems into their component parts. Analyze and use information to gain understanding or solve problems. Uses information to gain insight into time sequences, causality, varying contingencies, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic skills related to Word, Excel, Internet, and keyboarding and computer software programs. Must also have the ability to work in a challenging environment, multitask, and change priorities as needed.
Incumbent in this position must appropriately allocate a variety of resources that may include, materials, money, facilities, and equipment. Requires the ability to assess needs and track progress.
The incumbent in this position must have the ability to gain an understanding of how an organization must change considering internal and external trends and influences and the ability to act upon and energize others towards enacting the vision.
- Must be 21 years of age or above.
- Possess sensitivity to Native American Indian/Tribal Culture.
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted New Mexico Driver’s License.
- Minimum 4-year culinary degree preferred AND 5 years of experience in the restaurant or kitchen business with at least 2 years in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of twenty-five (25) pounds on a regular basis.
- Extended working hours, including weekends, may be required.
- Must possess Class III Gaming License.