3 Full time positions needed.
Incumbent in this position is responsible for cleaning and maintaining the appearance of Black Mesa Casino interior and exterior areas by performing custodial maintenance duties including dusting, mopping, finishing and buffing floors, vacuuming and shampooing carpets, cleaning and restocking restrooms.
All Black Mesa Casino employees must be able to develop a clear understanding of customers’ needs and goals while maintaining clear communication with customer regarding meeting their expectations. He/she must follow through and respond to customers’ requests and inform them of action taken in a courteous, professional manner.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works independently and achieves daily tasks to standards.
- Helps customers when asked.
- Sweep and mop floors.
- Vacuum carpets.
- Clean restrooms and restock paper and soap supplies.
- Perform routine maintenance to custodial equipment.
- Empty trash receptacles and ashtrays and bag trash for proper disposal.
- Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvements of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Perform all work activities in accordance with Casino safety policies and procedures.
- Attending and satisfactorily completing the required training as directed by the Supervisor or the Human Resources Department.
- Maintain professional hygiene and appearance in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Must perform all duties in compliance with the Casino’s safety policies.
- All Black Mesa Casino employees must be competent in working effectively with department members and members of other departments to resolve common issues or problems as well as listening and seeking others’ perspective on how to complete assignments.
- Keeps others informed and up-to-date about tasks, progress, or projects.
- Contributes to a team-oriented, continuous improvement, quality process.
- Assist with the setup of facilities for meetings, conferences, events, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
One (1) year custodial experience preferred. Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds on a regular basis and sustain prolonged walking and standing. Extended working hours, including weekends, may be required. Must possess Class III Gaming License
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds on a regular basis.