The Assistant Food & Beverage Manager will assist the Director of Food & Beverage to administer the overall Food & Beverage department in accordance with the General Manager’s directives, policies, and procedures. Develops and implements goals and objectives for the department to ensure profitability. Incumbent is responsible for overall supervision of all Food & Beverage department personnel, and scheduling, performance management, and training of all Food & Beverage personnel.
Guest Service / Client Orientation
All Black Mesa Casino employees must be able to develop a clear understanding of guests’ needs and goals while maintaining clear communication with guest regarding meeting their expectations. Everyone must follow through and respond to guests’ requests and inform them of action taken in a courteous, professional manner.
- Ensure proper operation and administration of Black Mesa Casino Food & Beverage operations.
- Direct the adequate availability, training, development, and performance management of subordinate personnel.
- Help plan, organize, develop, and coordinate all Food & Beverage policies, procedures, and operating systems along with Food and Beverage Director.
- Help develop and maintain departmental budget controlling expenditures and maintaining a current and accurate record of transactions.
- Conduct and maintain inventory of departmental supplies and goods, maintain records of all spoilages, and order all goods and supplies for department.
- Prepare reports and paperwork regarding department operations.
- Help prepare check requests for vendors and submit to finance department.
- Plan and communicate to department upcoming special events.
- Conduct monthly management staff meetings.
- Meet with vendors to evaluate and review goods and services.
- Review menu selections for appropriateness; communicate menu to subordinates.
- Perform duties of subordinates as required.
- Maintain professional hygiene and appearance.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete required training as directed by the General Manager, Food & Beverage,
- Director, or the Human Resources Department.
- Hold subordinates accountable for attending and satisfactorily completing required training as directed by the General Manager, Food & Beverage Director, or the Human Resources Department.
- Must perform all work functions in accordance with the San Felipe Pueblo Enterprises Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must perform all duties in compliance with the casino’s safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree preferred AND/OR 5 years of experience in the food and beverage industry with at least 2 years in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Continuous learning and improvement in the field. High degree of skill in organization and planning.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic skills related to Word, Excel, Internet, and keyboarding and computer software programs. Must also have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, multitask, and change priorities as needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
- Must be 21 years of age or above.
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted New Mexico Driver’s License.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree preferred AND/OR 5 years of experience in the food and beverage industry with at least 2 years in a supervisory capacity; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Continuous learning and improvement in the field. High degree of skill in organization and planning.
- Extended working hours, including weekends, may be required.
- Must possess Class III Gaming License.